If you need a box to wrap presents for your loved ones, you can either make one from scratch or get a pre-made one that is produced by machines from Aopack manufacturers. The good thing about such DIY projects is that you get to make a box that perfectly fits your preferences. The box that you make can be in a variety of depths and widths.
The versatility of the boxes is also unlimited since you can make one with a lid or without a lid. If you decide to make one that is complete with a lid, you can use it for packaging gifts. If you make one without a lid, you can use it as a holder for napkins, candy, and letters.
- Glue or double-sided tape
- Scissors or a knife
- Decorative spray of wrapper
To make your own box, follow the instructions given below (the measurements can differ depending on what you like):
- Choose the cardboard that you’re going to use in this project. Make sure that the cardboard is strong enough especially if you plan on using the box to store heavy items. Also, if you want to make a larger box, use a strong cardboard so that the final product will be sturdy.
- Use the ruler to measure the desired lengths and make marks.
- Use the scissors to cut the cardboard according to the specific size you have in mind. Remember that the total width of the cardboard will form the base and the height of the box. If you intend for the box to have a lid, the cardboard’s width should also include the measurements for the top.
- After cutting and folding over the edges of the cardboard, put together the ends and glue the flaps to each other. Use the ruler to press along the lines to make the cardboard easier to bend.
- Decorate the box as desired.
Decorating a Cardboard Box and Using It As A Gift Box
Everybody loves nicely decorated gift boxes. The good thing is that these do not have to be super expensive. Wrapping your own gift and decorating it by yourself is a fun activity that allows you to be creative and bond with your kids.
Here are some fun ways of decorating a plain cardboard box and transforming it into a thoughtful gift box. Can you believe it when I tell you that these transformations will barely take up 5 minutes of your time?
Using glue, add a couple of colorful ribbons on top of the box in different designs to make it unique.
Find brightly colored (preferably in neon colors or those with polka dots) stickers and stick them on the box. The stickers can be star-shaped, circular, or oval.
Dotting your gift box with tiny pom-poms takes your decorative skills on a whole different level. You can arrange them in whatever pattern you like.
Create your own confetti by cutting yarn into small pieces and sprinkling it all over the gift box. First, rub the surface with glue to make sure that the confetti sticks to it.
Another creative way of decorating your gift box is by running washi tape across the top of the box. For better effects, use multiple colors and overlap them. This trick is so easy and takes up so little time!